This blog guides you how to root your Sony Xperia Neo L and other android devices, how to install clockworkmod recovery, how to flash custom roms, how to flash custom kernels, what are the applications you can use after rooting your phone.
Thursday, 29 November 2012
Rooting Neo L
1.Follow the instructions carefully if you don't then I am responsible for your bricked devices.
2. Always make backup of your contact, data on sdcard etc.
Make sure you have installed adb drivers or install sony pc companion it installs adb drivers for your device automatically.
1.In your phone goto setting->developer setting-> turn on usb debugging.
2. Then again goto setting->xperia->connectivity->usb connection mode-> make it msc mode.
3. Again goto setting->security->check unknown sources.
4. Now turn off your device.
5. Now flash your Neo L with Neo v Kernel file (MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf)(WHILE FLASHING DONT SELECT ANY DEVICE FROM THE MENU OF FLASH TOOL AS NEO L IS NOT LISTED IN THE FLASH TOOL MENU.)(download link in the first post).
downloaded in the above post.(if you dont know how to flash refer to next post for flashing guide).
You'll only get vibration but screen does'nt turns on. But still usb debugging'll be working.(if your phone doesnt turn on here, remove usb and turn on and then reconnect usb, no need to panic).
7. Now use downloaded DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su and simply run runme.bat.(if you get an error like adb driver out of date than install adb.exe from